Writing has always been my one of my passions, as it provides a means for expression. Ever since I was three years old I reveled in the mystery of words and language. In my spare time, I would compile a variety of short stories and poems. As I grew older and read more books, my passion to write inspired my resolution to publish a book before my seventeenth birthday. I accomplished this goal on December 7th 2012; my work is entitled Close to Home; The African Savannah (ISBN: 978-1-4691-9510-0). In this story, I apply the use of imagery and onomatopoeia to create a scenic and aesthetic picture of Kenya's Animal Kingdom. I wanted my readers to see what I saw and feel what I felt during my visit to the Masaai Mara Game reserve through my writing.
In the future, I hope to publish more books; as an African female teenage author, I represent the minority group(s) in the literary community. With this in mind, I recognize that my accomplishment as a published author is not only satisfactory for myself, but for readers who are among the minority that will recognize me as an author with whom they can relate.
This year, I plan to garner the writing experiences I will acquire in TOK II in hopes of improving my writing; my passion for writing has never diminished, and I hope to be a: concise; effective; and confident writer come the end of the school year.
No comments:
Post a Comment